Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Great Wall..

of gum, literally.  The Seattle Gum Wall located in Post Alley is one of the most germ infected tourist spot in the world- I'm not surprised, this is definitely not a place for germaphobes. 

This Gum Wall started in the early 1990s?!  Can you believe that?  The theater attendants attempted to scrap the Gum Wall twice, but gave up in 1999 when it became a certified tourist attraction of Seattle. Now it is filled with thousands of pieces of chewing gum, of any color imaginable. And, as the wall grows, the chewing gum art becomes more sophisticated. You’ll find names written with pieces of gum, and symbols like hearts or the peace sign.
























(via polkadot)

4 comments:

  1. Omg.Ew.I think I can hear my bf throw up right now lol, I actually think it's quite unique and quaint but I think....photos are good enough for me so far =P Have you seen the real thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how it's colorful haha..it's like art but the unsanitary kind. If I was to see this thing in real life I think I would get pink eye or something just staring at it hahah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this wall! it's a clever idea...whoever it is. :D

    following! it would be nice if you follow back. thank you! :)

    http://jellyjennybean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so crazy, unbelievable D:!
    I Would like to see that hah
    thanks for your comment on my blog :)


    effysteff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete